popcorn is typical for every trip to the cinema, however it is so delicious that I decided to try to make it on my own. Of course there are different brands who sell microwave popcorn or ready to eat popcorn. Unfortunately I couldn’t find one that is similar to the typical cinema popcorn. So I bought some popcorn kernels and tried out different variations. After some time I found the perfect method for me. So today I share my recipe with you. It is so easy and perfect for everyday.
- sunflower oil
- Popcorn kernels
- Take a metal pan (I use a stainless steel pan with a thick bottom so that the heat can spread)
- Use enough oil that the bottom of the pan is covered
- Add so much popcorn kernels that around 3/4 of the pan is covered (the kernels shouldn’t be on top of each other)
- Wait until one or two kernels popped and put the lid on
- Then you will hear the popcorn noises – when they get less, turn the heat off
- Take so much sugar as you like and mix it in the pan (because of the heat the sugar caramelises)
PS: I use an induction cooker (heat: 7/9) so if I turn down the heat too early it doesn’t work
Attention: Watch out hot oil is very dangerous and be aware of the popping kernels!!! Wait until the popcorn and sugar is cold before you touch it!